Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mother Nature


My sun has not yet risen... It has yet to come around
Birds tapping on the glass window... is my waking sound
I hear the wind and rain... as I place my feet on the ground
My day has begun... a slave to this fate... shackled & bound.

Do you fear the inevitable... while you continue this quest?
Do you feel the pain of failure... when you've been put to the test?
Do you lay useless... and think about it while you rest?
Do you seem invisible... despite the scream limited by your chest?

You've forgiven me... I wanted to be unforgiven
Remaining here.... you have ascended higher and risen.

Do you know what it's like to hurt... just so others would not feel pain?!
Don't you understand? What letters have you erased from my name?
I will stay here... and I will protect those who are not to blame!
You've forgotten them too... what is this monster you've became?

Distance... counting the miles of insanity that you have driven
Awaiting your return... as I deal the hand I have been given.

Birds still tap on the glass... as if they had nothing better to do
They steal my attention away... away from thinking about you
The sun has risen... it does not matter what is what or who is who
You've become the diamond... and I was the glass you'd cut through.