Monday, July 2, 2007

Schizophrenia

Dear sin, please come here, I have something to say
I've decided it is time you left, you're unwelcome to stay
You've followed me for too long, thus, you must go away
I've changed... which is why you must leave today.

Dear father, I could not have asked for a better dad
I keep kissing your head, hoping that I'd make you glad
You're proud of me, though I've sometimes made you sad
Dad... I'm sorry I wasn't the son you've wished to have had.

Dear tears, you've visited almost every single night
I still don't know what went wrong when all was right
You were there when it was dark and stayed till there was light
I've wasted your time by bringing you to this pointless fight.

Dear heart, I'd thank you if you weren't the target of all my hate
You've let them step on my soul and used my emotions as bait
You told me she'd come, and I've been tortured through this wait
You've failed to grow hard and cold... and it is already too late.

Dear self, you've energy and potential, stop this mindless lance!
Wake up; you're blaming yourself in an insanely big poetic trance!
It is as if you're two different people conflicting in an inevitable dance!
You've a life... so do something while you've something to enhance.