Friday, July 27, 2007

Persistence vs. Existence

The more I walk, the more I see you in every face,
Where have you gone? I can find of you no single trace,
Save me of this love, or run my everlasting hate race,
Must you live in my heart, and in no other obsolete place?

If you were in a rain drop, I'd catch you as you formulate and fall,
If you were years away, I'd scream your name... and to it I shall call,
If you were in a happy tear, I'd cry for nothing... just nothing at all,
If you were but a reach too far... my sorrow would grow me... ever so tall.

People tell me not to worry about it, and how I waste my precious time,
Then I come home... and find myself unchallenged... by not a single rhyme,
It happens at the thought of you, stepless ladders you've made me climb,
To see you for but a moment, is worth living an eternity visionless and blind.

I shall continue my quest for you, and dare I insist?
Only if you shall ask of me, I shall cease to persist,
In me but one recurring thought, that I cannot resist,
The thought of your form, and if you even exist.