Monday, May 7, 2007

Knight for a Night


My king has commanded me to eliminate and kill
Chosen... I lack not talent... neither swiftness nor skill
If not loyal to thy rank, It is thy blood I would spill
I shall take part in thy war, thy request I shall fulfill.

I travel to sin amongst sinners, blindly... just as you planned
God, bind my ankles... I wish not the power nor the ability to stand
My prayers go unanswered... as my eyes witness the populated land
Battle cries intensify... I feel the unconscious gripping of my cold hand.

Villagers... carpenters... miners... fishermen... children of pure bliss
I bring them hate with no just cause... I... I didn't want any of this
If I keep riding... yet... if I don't... it is my own family that I'd miss
Damn this pointless rage... God... please save the weak & helpless.

The drums of war have begun... the vibrations reach my very core
The land once so green is now poisoned with red... the color of war
Blasphemy... terrorism... racism... massacre... mass killing or gore
Be it what you will... because I won't look back on this anymore!

Forgiveness... is but a dream... one that comes after my past nightmare
Justice... was in my hands... when my king had none to spare
A thousand men waged war... A thousand men did not care
We returned... heroes with scars... reporting back to the king's lair.

"We've slaughtered them all, your highness." So my blade would sing
His majesty rewarded my sins, knighthood with a church bell ring
Tears ran down my face that night... what justice did I bring?
"Be thou a knight." was when I killed his majesty, my king.