Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Divide

Come, my innermost self, let us walk...
Should they not listen... I dare not talk...

I shall not leave... without you at my side...
Your rivers will collide... and your skies... will divide...

When it is so, that you've come to bear...
Angels shall no longer dance... to the songs upon the air...

You will fall... to the resting of your knees...
You will cry... to the falling of your trees...

And when your head rises... once more...
The silent world you once knew... is now in uproar...

Your fears will be many... as they are insane...
Your hopes will be few... as they are in vain...

I shall find you colder... before the end of the third day...
Whisper upon your shoulder... and you shall hear me say...

Come, my innermost self, let us walk...
Should you not listen... I dare not talk...

I shall leave... without you at my side...
Your stories will collide... and your poems... will divide.