Saturday, January 2, 2010

Drizzle

Have I not learned... a world blessed for lesser sight,
Have I not learned... wrongest of wrong, and rightest of right.

Have I not learned... water, in which swim becomes flight,
Have I not learned... darkness, a mere absence of undivided light.

Patience, in the stature of a tree?
Purpose, at the very tip of a key?
Persistence, upon waves of a sea?
Power, within a desperate call or plea?

Courage, in those who believe?
Confidence, in those who achieve?
Conviction, in those who perceive?
Compromise, in those who receive?

Serenity, that is profound?
Sacrifice, that is confound?
Sky, that is within ground?
Silence, that is within sound?

If only, long ago I'd stopped yearning,
Then my world would come to no turning,
If only, long ago I'd stopped learning,
Then my flame would come to no burning.

Have I not learned... a world set in absolute vain,
Have I not learned... gain from loss, and loss from gain.

Have I not learned... to await the subsidence of pain,
Have I not learned... to await the drizzles... of light rain.