Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cold

Its cold without you, its so unfair,
My senses are numb, my hands are hardly a pair,
You had to leave, whilst I had to care,
I'm left to inhale, whatever warmth left in this cold air.

Its cold without you, just so you know,
How much I've suffered... as I watched you go,
I'll fall fast enough, just so that I can show,
My racing heartbeats... but a heartbeat too slow.

Its cold without you, take me aside,
Study me, understand what I've been denied,
There is not a street too long, nor an alley too wide,
Where the moon will not seek, and where I will not hide.

Its cold without you, and I've yet to break,
A land you stand on is one that shall not shake,
Or disturb stillness of my blood overflowing this lake,
Come back... please... come back... for my sake.

Its cold without you, words on walls will never turn,
They paint me... lies, rejections and the lessons I'll learn,
So tell me... what is the destiny of chosen ice set to burn?
Then I shall stay frozen, and melt away before you return.