Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Addicted To You

Help me, injections of substance and eternal sorrow
I cannot help but feel the inevitable weight of tomorrow
Steal my joy and it is your pain I shall borrow
Leave death's crumbs, for they are mine to follow.

Help me, capsules of powder and remorseless hate
I make wrong choices at any given time or fate
Feed me out your cup and you shall drink off my plate
Give me the keys to hell's door and I shall unlock heaven's gate.

Help me, wrapped bits of green and infernal fire
I've achieved goals my enemies never sought to acquire
Write pages of truth on my skin and call me your liar
Bind my wings and watch as I fall higher and higher.

Help me, particles of white and winds of pride
I am the forces of ink & paper destined to collide
Imprison and command me, for I've chosen to abide
Lurk and await... I know that you contemplate suicide.

Help me, for I have run out of time to live
I've taken everything and yet you still offer more to give
Look into my eyes and I will see things from your perspective
Hold me down forever... For I am no longer receptive.



Writer's Notes:

No! I've never taken drugs in my life, and I'm in no way suicidal! Its just pure poetry. :)